The past week was spent at the pool, which was so nice, but also a little tiring. Kaitlyn said yesterday that she wanted a quiet week, since she was so tired from last week. It was so nice to look at my mileage and see that when I filled my gas tank up after church on Sunday until Friday morning, I had only driven 25 miles. I believe that was just from going back and forth to the pool all week, so not too bad.
Kaitlyn and Lauren had swim lessons all week, and it did a world of good. Kaitlyn still doesn't love the pool and will probably never be an Olympic swimmer, but she is so much more comfortable. She also loves our slide, so if I can't find her anywhere, I just look over at that pool and usually find her there. As for Lauren, she is now my little fish. She started the summer afraid to put her face in the water, and now doesn't want to lift her head out of the water. She is still wearing her purple vest, but that is more as a precaution, so I can always find her and she doesn't get caught in too deep of water since I am always in the shallow end with Alexa. Lauren also decided to surprise me on Thursday and not tell me that she was going to go down the slide. Surprise, surprise, she loved it and also can't get enough of it. The pool has been wonderful with meeting so many different people in the neighborhood. I am always talking to someone new and the kids are always meeting and playing with someone different as well.
Alexa also is having a blast at the pool. She loves playing with all of the toys and sitting in the water. She also loves to get her face wet and laughs hysterically then. After Alexa is done with the pool, she will head to our fountains to play some more. She also walks on this ledge, and then we take a walk around the pool. It is then that I know it is time to head home, since she is either tired of the pool or just tired and ready for a nap. Regardless, we have gotten several hours out of the pool.
I have brought my camera to the pool a few times, but I keep forgetting to take it out of the pool bag. Hopefully next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment