Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kaitlyn and Lauren's Month

I just realized that I forgot to add pictures to Alexa's post, but I just tried and they weren't working, so I will work on it and post some later.
Kaitlyn and Lauren also had an enjoyable month. Right after Alexa left, Kaitlyn flew to Connecticut with her Mimi for 4 days to visit her Uncle Tad, Aunt Samantha, and cousins Charlotte & Henry. Kaitlyn loved being away and spending so much time with Charlotte. As for Henry, he is Alexa's age, so Kaitlyn didn't say too much about him.

As for Lauren, it was the 1st time in her life that she was an only child, and she seemed to enjoy it sometimes, but also missed her sisters. We tried to keep her busy with going to different playgrounds, seeing a movie with her daddy, going swimming with her daddy, and going to Chuckie Cheese's (she doesn't need coins to have fun there yet).

Then on July 3rd, our neighbors graciously took both girls to Fernbank Museum, so I could pack and get ready for our trip. They were gone all day and loved every bit of the day since they had 4 older kids that would do anything and follow them anywhere Kaitlyn and Lauren wanted (what more could you ask).

Once we got up to Baltimore, Bill only had a few days, so while my mom watched Alexa, one day we took Kaitlyn and Lauren to the waterfront to see boats and have a good crab lunch and another day we went to the aquarium and had lunch with my dad. It is so much easier to do things when you don't have an infant to care for all the time, even if we love her so.

No comments: