Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Whole Month

Yes it has been over a month since I last posted, but I just never found time to log on while away. So where to begin?!

A month is a ton of time in a 7 month old baby's life, just ask my mom. I had surgery on June 20th and was not able to pick up Alexa for a few weeks, so my mom graciously offered to help watch her. To make things easiest, she came down here to help for a few days, and then flew up to her house (although the flight was anything but easy). As for us we were away from Alexa for 10 days, and even that is a long time for a 7 month old. Before my mom came down, I kept telling her that Alexa only rolls from 1 side of the room to the other, but she is easy. Well I guess Alexa is not going to be a girl that waits for anything or anyone because she immediately started crawling and trying to stand up for my mom, dad and sister, Alicia. So for those who don't realize how tough it is at this stage, it is one of the most nerve-racking times because you need to watch everything babies do and can't leave their side.

Alexa also realized that her mom, dad and 2 sisters were no where to be found, so she wasn't going to let whoever was with her leave her view anymore. She would scream if everyone left the room, even if she could still hear someone.

So by the time Bill, Kaitlyn, Lauren and I drove up to Baltimore on July 4th, Alexa wasn't the little baby that we knew so well. She didn't recognize us initially, so that was somewhat depressing, but she quickly remembered our voices, some louder than others. I believe she definitely enjoyed my parents' quiet house much better before we arrived, but she did enjoy have more people there to entertain her again.

Alexa is now known as the Crazy Cat because nothing stops her from getting what she wants. Whether she is climbing through pillow and blanket barricades (made up by Kaitlyn), climbing up stairs (yes that started last week with 1 step at my parents' house but today starting to go up all of our stairs), standing up with whatever help is there (hands, tables, baskets, toys, anything) or crawling everywhere, we definitely have our hands full for the next few months. I am just worried that she may be worse than Lauren, in some aspects, and I already thought I had my hands full with her.

Alexa also has started saying Dada and waving to herself. She is also eating anything and everything, with real solid food coming shortly. She is starting to eat the fruit puffs, Cheerio's, pretzels and bagels though.

Through all this, Alexa is just one of the happiest babies, as she barely ever stops smiling (usually just when she bangs her head on something from trying to stand). Now that she is doing so much more, I am sure there are going to be plenty more funny stories of our dear, sweet, Crazy Cat.

No comments: