Yes another school year has begun, thankfully. This means that I actually have some time to myself again, or at least just with Alexa. I don't think she realizes that her sisters haven't been around as much, but she is not enjoying getting in and out of the car all day long and having her naps interrupted all the time.

Alexa is definitely an amazing girl. She took her 1st step this past Friday and also decided that she really does want to stand a lot now. So whenever we put her down, she seems to stick her legs out to stand instead of letting us put her on her bottom. In the past 4 weeks since my last post, Alexa has also gotten her 2 bottom teeth and decided that she doesn't want baby food anymore. Such a big girl we have now. Whenever anyone is holding her, she just wants to climb and try to get out of the hold. Alexa is also just the happiest baby ever, even when she is exhausted from barely napping during the day.

Lauren started her 3 day a week preschool this past Tuesday and was so excited. We sang the school song the whole ride to school, then she ran down the stairs and into her class. There was no time to say good-bye to her dear mom and sister because she was too busy trying to get in class. Thursday she was excited again, but not too happy when I picked her up because she wanted her friend, Sebastian, from last year. Friday she decided to kick and scream when I man-handled her into her car seat. She wanted to skip the car seat and sit in the regular seat and see Sebastian, but the afternoon was better and she was happy again. She is just 1 girl that can go from one extreme to the next no time.

Kaitlyn has been in school for 2 weeks now and is loving 1st grade. It was tough initially since she only knew 2 boys in her class starting the year, and she is getting to the age where she doesn't want to talk to boys. 1st grade seems to be so much more work this year that her penmanship has improved immensely in these 2 weeks. Spelling tests start next week, so homework is finally starting for her. She did have 2 days last week where she came home and said no one would sit next to her at lunch and some girls even stood up and walked away from her. It breaks your heart as a parent to hear that, but luckily we saw her teacher Thursday afternoon, and I was able to mention it to her. So Kaitlyn came home from school Friday happy as a clam and said she sat next to a girl at lunch. Hopefully everything will keep going well.

Kaitlyn celebrated her 6th birthday 2 weeks ago and had a great birthday party. She was allowed to invite 5 girls, and the girls across the street helped us put make-up and do hair for all the girls. They also painted picture frames, danced to some music and made their own pizzas. Luckily they all seemed to have a great time. It was a little tough trying to feed Alexa in the middle of the party and keeping Lauren happy as she was getting a little jealous with the presents.
Kaitlyn and Lauren are both doing gymnastics this year and love it. I was a little worried about Lauren getting jealous and wanting to do gymnastics when Kaitlyn had it, but I think she has as much fun outside as she does inside. She seems to run from the toys, to looking at the fish and turtles, to going upstairs to see Kaitlyn that the entire 70 minutes seems to fly by for us.

This has been such a nice weekend for us. Friday night and all day yesterday and some of today we were outside playing. The weather has been so nice with some breeze and cooler weather from Fay, but also some sprinkles thrown in to keep us going in and out every so often. We tried to get Kaitlyn to ride her bike yesterday, but no luck. So Lauren decided to try and seems to love it. It did push Kaitlyn to at least ride it some today. All the kids have been flying kites both last night and today and loved it.
I am sure there is lots more things that I have missed, but they can't be that important and I can't remember them now. I keep hoping to get better and update more, but it just seems so hard to find the time right now.
1 comment:
Congrats on the start of the school year. I am just catching up on all of your busyness. I am glad things are well. Now that school is in, try to rest (like that will happen).
Post a Comment