Well I was hoping to update more frequently, but it just doesn't seem to be working lately. Days just seem to go by, and I don't even think about it. Nights come, and I just want to lay on the couch and relax or enjoy the quiet.
Bill was in Germany last week, but luckily my mom flew down to spend most of the time with us, which was wonderful. We had one bad day for the girls, but beside that they were pretty good for Nana.
Alexa has been on a tear lately. She is just getting everywhere.
She is still crawling and walking around furniture, but she absolutely loves walking around with her walker toys or pushing the kitchen chairs around. She also decided the stairs are the most fun, so she is always heading that way. Tonight Bill was helping me with the dishes and after 3 minutes he realized that Alexa had disappeared and had already climbed upstairs and was playing up there. Luckily she didn't try to come back down because we haven't gotten there yet. So the gates will be going up shortly. If you can believe it, we never put up any gates for Lauren, but I think it was because I taught her how to crawl down the stairs right away and also Kaitlyn couldn't open the gates to get around. That may not be an option this time.
Alexa also had her final physical therapy appointment today. We hadn't been in almost 3 months, but so much has changed for her and she is doing great with movement. I just thought we should follow up and get her checked out of there. I always knew Alexa crawled weird with her left foot always touching the ground instead of her knew, but I didn't think anything of it until the doctor told me that is her way of favoring one side. So know I need to make sure her knee stays on the ground and also make sure she isn't favoring one leg or the other when she goes to stand up or sit. I didn't realize all of this contributes to different things, but it all makes sense. All in all, Alexa is doing great, and we don't have to go back, unless I notice anything different.
Lauren is such an amazing girl in so many ways. Sh
e is like an Energizer Bunny that keeps going until she can no longer. She never goes to sleep before 9pm and almost always wakes up at 7am and never takes a nap. That is until she falls asleep doing any number of random things including playing the computer this past Sunday afternoon. She is just so busy that she can't sleep unless she can't help it. Unfortunately, Lauren has not having the best time at school as she seems to be missing her old friends. I think she may finally be starting to enjoy it more and talks about some of the other kids, with some prodding. Her teachers just say that she needs some work on her listening skills (tell me something I don't know!).
Kaitlyn is also enjoying school much better. She is talking about all of the girls in her class now, so hopefully nothing to worry about anymore. Kaitlyn is also loving gymnastics and thinks she is doing great, but luckily we have a lot more weeks ahead. Kaitlyn and Lauren had a wonderful time at Kylie's birthday party at the gymnastics center this past Saturday as they were about to do their favorite thing, jumping on the trampoline and into the pit of styrofoam cubes.
I can't think of too much else going on lately. My brain is tuned out as the girls are all in bed (all but Lauren are asleep though).
No comments:
Post a Comment