We have had some bad nights and dinners before, but nothing could compare to tonight (yes, Katie and Alicia, Don Pablos was no where near this)! It all started (or at least for me) when Bill arrived home around 5pm with all the girls. Lauren is whining, coughing and crying and goes up to bed to keep napping (not resting, per Lauren). Alexa is tired and hungry and needs attention. Kaitlyn just needs attention and wants a book read to her. Bill decided to leave the diaper bag at gymnastics, so lucky for him, he headed back to pick it up, but not before fixing a bottle for Alexa and then feeding her because I was helping Lauren put her clothes back on after using the potty. So finally, he leaves. So I read a page to Kaitlyn, then deal with Lauren, read a page to Kaitlyn, deal with Alexa, etc. Then Bill's sister calls, only to hear Lauren coughing and screaming in the phone since I am holding her and Alexa crying in the background. She tried to reminisce, but just wanted to forget those wonderfully, horrible days.
Bill soon arrived home, only for us to head out to dinner with our German friends, Peter and Sara, Christiane and Renee and kids. If Sara and Peter weren't headed back to Germany tomorrow, the whole night would have been called off, but instead I told Bill that I would just say hi and them drive around with Lauren. The only good part about the night was we had about 1/2 hour that was somewhat peaceful with me holding Alexa and Lauren and Kaitlyn coloring and whatnot. Their food soon arrived and was devoured. After that, the fun really began.
Lauren soon became cold and inconsolable. Bill brought blankets in, but we quickly realized that she was just not going to feel better with them. So we proceeded to walk around Downtown Norcross carrying Lauren around. We would each take our breaks, and when we walked back into the restaurant, everyone had to have sighed and said, "them again!" Finally after we both shoveled food into our mouths during our break time, I decided to put Lauren in our car to watch a movie. This actually worked for a while, but Bill did bring Alexa outside as she was getting tired and antsy. So finally about 2 hours after our wonderful dinner began, we were headed home.
Yes, all of you may think, "oh that wasn't that bad", but just wait. Well we needed some more cough syrup, so we stop at Target. Bill drives around and picks me up. I decide that we might as well give Lauren the medicine now, so it will hopefully start taking effect by the time we get home. Well we give her the medicine, and Bill starts driving home. Within 2 minutes Lauren is heaving and starting to throw up, so yes I am that mother that sticks her hand underneath her mouth to keep from getting it all on her. So finally, Bill pulls over and Lauren has puke all over her and the car seat. She is down to her underwear when she decides that that is also wet, so Lauren climbs back into her seat naked. We finally make it back in the car and have a mostly quiet ride home, and even Alexa must have realized that she didn't need to cry to tell us she was exhausted. Yes I tried to take a picture of my naked girl, but I couldn't find the camera.
So out of all this, we were so happy to see Peter, Sara, Luca and Nika once last time and will miss them terribly. This dinner will be long remember as a Lauren Classic, and that is saying something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment