New school years and fall usually means new sicknesses. Last year we were so lucky and healthy that I was hoping we would have another year like that, but it doesn't look like the case. Last weekend Lauren kept saying her tummy hurt, but we didn't think too much of it since she usually doesn't eat and she also doesn't go to the bathroom very often. So we played outside for a little while and then came in for dinner. Next thing we know Lauren is throwing up. After Bill and Kaitlyn go to some friends' house for dinner, Lauren then proceeds to throw up again. A bath did help a little bit. Then every day this past week was a little better, but Saturday comes and more throw up. Luckily she made the toilet this time. Then later in the afternoon she hit her Mimi's garage. Sunday comes and Lauren starts to feel better. We aren't sure if she is allergic to Saturdays or what.
Unfortunately Alexa got sick during the week. She has had her nose running all the time and a little cough. 2 nights of getting up around midnight for an hour and then back to sleep. It feels horrible at the time or at least the next morning, but not too bad in retrospect. Alexa is standing so much better every day, but just doesn't want to start walking all the time. One of these days, she is just going to take off, and I probably won't be able to catch her.
Kaitlyn is doing great, and luckily no sickness for her. She had a fun Saturday last weekend since she went to the GT - Mississippi State football game with me and then played outside with our neighbors and then had a sleepover at her friend, Abby's house.
I need to start getting better about writing on this blog because I seem to forget so many things that happen during this time. One thing I almost forgot was that Lauren almost locked herself and Alexa in my car the other day, and they were both buckled into their car seats. I had just picked Lauren up from school, and we went to park and fully buckle Lauren up. Lauren had been in the front seat, so I opened the rear door, and she was going to climb back, but before she did she hit the lock button. I heard the doors lock and MEANT to check and unlock the doors before I closed hers and went around to the front. So I got to my door and about freaked out since I couldn't get into either my or Alexa's doors. My purse and cell phone were in the car, of course, and the keys were in the ignition. I was about to yell for help, but first went to Lauren's door, and luckily, Honda's don't allow for an open door to lock, so I was able to open Lauren's door.
Lauren also has started into a biting stage (yes a little old). We aren't sure what is going on but she seems to be biting Kaitlyn all the time lately, and even bit her Daddy yesterday after she won Candy Land. Hopefully, this will stop soon, especially if we need to resort to something harsher than her time-outs. We shall see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment