Friday, April 10, 2009

Lauren's Fall

Last Thursday around 5:15pm, Kaitlyn and Lauren were playing on the computer together. Lauren got up on the arm of the chair and fell off and landed on our hardwood floors on her right cheek and side with a loud thud. I was in the kitchen and ran in to find her not moving. She slowly got up but was in tons of pain. Not knowing what to do, I called my mom and then a friend, who is a nurse. So for an hour before Bill came home from work, I held a crying Lauren, tried to keep Alexa away from taking the boo boo bear from Lauren and stop her from crying as she was jealous of Lauren, and deal with a mad Kaitlyn since I kicked her off the computer and she was pouting. Not fun. That night was International Fine Arts Night at Kaitlyn's school, so we all went and Lauren seemed to be doing okay.

I ended up sleeping with Lauren that night to make sure she was okay. She woke up at 6am screaming from the pain of her shoulder. By 6:30am, we were in the car and off to the emergency room to get x-rays done. While I was signing in, Lauren comes running up to me and throws up at my feet. What a welcoming to the hospital! Lauren was terrified on everything, but I got her calmed down and was pretty good getting the x-rays taken. The doctor even brought her to a different room to show us the x-ray results. It showed that there was not a break, but they gave her a sling anyways, just in case. Hopefully this will get Lauren to stop climbing on everything, but I doubt it.

No comments: