Monday, March 30, 2009

Long Day

There are some days when you are sad to see them come to an end, while there are other days when they can't get over fast enough. Today was one of those days! It did start out fine, but once your mind is set in a negative tone, it is hard to change that around.

All day long Lauren tried to boss me around. Even her gymnastics coach caught her disobeying me and yelled at her! How bad is that! She was just miserable and was sent to time-out about 5 times when it probably should have been more. Playing dollhouse with her was miserable because she was telling me how to do everything. We them played Chutes & Ladders and Hi Ho Cheerio, which weren't too bad, but she didn't want to stop playing games when I had things that needed to get done.

The day really started to turn bad when I downloaded our pictures and not everything got onto our computer. That wouldn't be a problem if I didn't always erase all of the pictures right once I downloaded them. I realized there were missing pictures right after I erased them all. I am not sure all that I lost, but I know there were some of Lauren's red nose from this morning, Kaitlyn and Bill before her Father-Daughter Dance, one of Erin, Mark and Sawyer and probably a few decent ones of my girls with Sawyer. I am just mad at myself for deleting them, but I had never had a problem before. Hopefully I will learn my lesson and check before deleting from now on.

Kaitlyn had a play date with our old neighbor, Katie, this afternoon, so we went to pick her up at 5pm. Lauren didn't want to leave since Katie's sister, Sara, is her friend. The problem was Kaitlyn's backpack was no where to be found. She had no clue where she left it. Kaitlyn first said she left it in the car, but no such luck. Kaitlyn wouldn't go inside to look since they have a dog, and she is terrified and can't go near him. I was going to head back to the school to search the playground when her sweater, Webkinz kitty and some papers were found inside the house somewhere. So the backpack has to be someplace in the house, but no one could find it, so we headed home after way too long of trying to pry Lauren off their playground.

We get home and the whining can't seem to stop. Everyone has to have a snack even if dinner is coming soon. Luckily, Kaitlyn has easy homework and gets that done fairly quickly. Kaitlyn then can't find a bag to use, even when I told her to look in her closet, but instead it was only hanging on her closet door.

Dinner starts and Lauren starts scratching the table with her fork. After a time-out and a lecture, Lauren decides to do it again. Upon getting caught, she immediately runs to her time-out chair without being told. After dinner, I am about to vacuum the floor and it takes about 5 warnings to get them to pick everything up. They just seem to walk by things and not think they need to be picked up, even with the warning of things going in the garbage. Luckily, Kaitlyn realized, and then quickly got ready for bed.

There were lots of other little things that kept adding to my pot to get it boiling, but I am trying to forget them all. Most of these things wouldn't be a big deal, but when they all get added together it just makes for a horrendous day. Thankfully, I haven't heard a peep from anyone since they all went down. I think they realized that tonight was not the night. I am just hoping for a good day tomorrow since I need one!

No comments: