Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer is Upon Us!

Not sure yet if that is good or bad, but summer break starts in 1 hour for Kaitlyn! Lauren has another week of school, but she is going to be late some days or miss some days entirely. No I am not a slacker. Lauren is signed up for swim lessons from 9 - 9:30am, Monday - Thursday next week.


Lauren is now a 5 year old and has grown up so much in the past year. She has also become quite the swimmer. Last weekend, we were supposed to go to a pool party around 3pm, but all day she kept asking if we were leaving. Here 1st time in a few months and no throwing up this time! The water was freezing, but that didn't stop any of the kids, just most of the adults. Lauren is fearless, so she didn't have any problem swimming across the pool on her kick board. I was terrified that she was going to fall off and I would have to jump in to get her, hence more swim lessons. I think after next weeks lessons, she will be doing great and I won't have much to worry about. Last weekend, Lauren also went for a bike ride with Bill and had a great time. Soon enough, those training wheels will be coming off. Now we just have to work on Kaitlyn! Lauren is also excited to be finishing up preschool and moving into Kaitlyn's school for kindergarten. She also loves being outside and going down to our creek. One day, she was having so much fun that she decided to pee her pants instead of coming home and doing it the civilized way. We shall soon see if this is the norm for the summer. Now that I think of it, she also decided to pee in the bath the other night, so I hope she isn't getting that lazy or lax!


Kaitlyn had a wonderful year in 2nd grade at her new school. I am really proud of the way she adjusted so quickly and met many new friends. The pool will be a totally different place this year since we will know so many more people over last summer. 2 weeks ago, Kaitlyn celebrated her 1st Communion, and it was a special occasion. My parents flew in town for the weekend, so it was great to see them again. Mimi, Kiki and her new boyfriend, Josh, all drove here for the special day as well. It was great to have several people here for her. Lauren actually loved having Kiki here the most because she was so excited to sit by her during the mass and was actually quiet. Kaitlyn is a reading fiend as every spare moment she is reading. She may be reading as many as 5 books at a time, so I think I may be starting her on Harry Potter this summer.






Alexa has grown up so much this past school year, that I can say that she and I are both ready for her to start school in the fall. Alexa was going to go 2 days a week, but I just changed her to 3 days, so now I can play tennis during the week and get our Sundays back. So I guess the change to 3 days was more for me than her, but she is so ready to spend more time with other kids her age and keep learning. Alexa has not given up her baby shows, but has moved on to Dora and Barney shows as well. I don't know what she is going to do when she has to share the TV with her sisters this summer or not watch her shows in the morning while the other 2 are doing some work. I guess she will need to get some work as well! Alexa loves to play outside all the time riding her bike and big wheel. She has even started roller skating (with help), playing tennis and attempting to jump rope. It is so amazing what a 3rd child does, just from watching her sisters!

As for me, I am excited to have summer starting and spend more time with all the girls. I know that I will have many days that I won't agree with that statement, but they are amazing girls and are growing up so quickly! School is starting later this year, so we have 3 months together, which may be a long time, so I will just have to keep them busy! We are going to Clearwater, Buffalo and Baltimore for a week each, so that will also break up the summer. Otherwise, we should be at the pool most days!

No comments: