The New Year usually has lots of people getting organized, but I haven't normally been 1 of them, that is until this year. We arrived home Saturday, 1/1 at 4:45pm, and by the time I went to bed that night we had done 3 loads of laundry, taken the Christmas tree and inside decorations down and emptied and put away our clothes. Sunday I bought a new bookcase for our laundry room to store most of the girls' art & crafts supplies and various other things. Monday, Bill ended up having the day off, so we started organizing our basement storage rooms. More than 10 loads of laundry were cleaned, so the laundry room is now completely clean and organized. We are having our garbage company do a bulky waste pickup on Friday, so the basement will then be emptied of lots of junk.
Now we just need to get rid of lots of extra toys that we have built up over the years. The other big problem is that our dishwasher broke the day before we left for Buffalo, so we bought a new one on Sunday and just had it delivered and installed this morning. Now we can stop using paper plates and get our sink emptied and cleaned from all the things that really needed a dishwashers cleaning. It definitely feels good to purge so much stuff and just get more organized. There is probably so much more that I can do, so we shall see what I tackle next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment