The past week has had many really long nights. I have been woken up by my 3 year old almost every night for the past month or so, so I am getting used to not getting much sleep. I end up need to lie down with her until she falls back to sleep, which usually turns into a lot longer since I fall asleep waiting for her to fall asleep.
The night before we were to leave Baltimore, I go downstairs to sleep at 9:30 and find Alexa in our bed, so I move her to her bed. Within 10 minutes, she is screaming and Kaitlyn is moving back to our room. Luckily, I felt her before bringing her up to bed since she was soaking wet and I realized that she had thrown up all over herself. So she gets her 2nd bath in a few hours while Bill starts cleaning the sheets. She ends up sleeping with us and gets sick again an hour later. So I really just got a few hours sleep since I was making her she wasn't going to get sick all over the bed and me.
Two nights later, Sunday, Alexa came into our room around 12:30, so we went back to her bed. Within 10 minutes, she again got sick all over herself. So another sleepless night making sure she didn't throw up again and sleeping curled up at the end of her trundle with her at the other end.
Last night right when Alexa comes to our locked door around 1am, I open the door to find her and Lauren at the door. I go to bring Alexa back to bed, and Lauren comes running into our bed. I finally leave Alexa to then bring Lauren back to her room, but she is screaming because she is afraid a robber is going to come get her. The funny part is in the morning she asked what a robber is and does. Lauren had to have someone sleep in her room, but I said no and Bill wasn't feeling well, so he wouldn't either. She ended up going into Kaitlyn's room twice to wake her up, but Kaitlyn wouldn't let Lauren sleep with her. Lauren did finally manage to go to sleep after about 30 minutes of hysterical screaming. I went to wake her up this morning to find her door locked, so I guess she was trying to keep the robber out. Then there was also Bill tossing and turning and moaning all night long because he felt like he was going to throw up.
I really thought my baby days of being up every night were over with, so I am hoping this ends soon as I really need some good sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment