Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Another Spring Break in Baltimore
Last week I drove up to Baltimore with the girls to enjoy spring break with my parents. We had a great time once again. I do have to say that I am very lucky in that my girls are some of the best travelers around. I feel that I have them trained almost as well as we were trained for our drives down to Florida. For both drives we left right around 4:30am, so the girls fall back to sleep, and then we didn't stop until around 7:30am for a quick bathroom break and gas fill-up. Then we get back in the car and don't stop until lunch (always seems to be McDonalds) and gas. Then we get back in the car and drive until we arrive at our destination. 11 hours total for the girls to sleep, watch movies, play on their DS or on the iPad, and read books. Kaitlyn is a great helper with the cooler, snacks and Alexa. As for Baltimore, we went to the aquarium, the children's museum, the playground and a Visionary Museum that was really neat. The girls loved a bench that had about 20 whoopie cushions on it, so that kept jumping on it and laughing. They also always love playing in the basement of their house with Lego's and other toys. Kaitlyn also loved seeing lots of horse movies, such as Secretariat, Sea Biscuit and Dreamer. They also enjoyed getting spoiled by grandma buying them lots of new clothes. Kaitlyn even started wearing golf shirts again, only because it came with a reversible golf skirt that she loved. She always hated wearing shirts with collars, but her grandpa bought it for her not knowing this, and it will hopefully get her to wear them all the time. If only things were this easy all the time. I also bought Kaitlyn and Lauren needlepoint pictures to start working on with their grandma since she is a lot more into arts and crafts than me. They both seemed to love them. Kaitlyn's picture was a true needlepoint of a horse, and she seems to be pretty good at it. She may want to move on to crocheting or knitting afterwards, but we shall see. Lauren seemed to enjoy her easier horse picture because Kaitlyn was working on hers, so we will see if she wants to keep working on it again. As for me, my mom put together a beautiful vase of flowers for my new kitchen table, and it looks great. I also enjoyed the wonderful time I get to spend with my amazing parents. The wine was great as well. The one bad thing was that Alexa wasn't sleeping as well as normal, so she was up in the middle of the night some and up at 6am, so not very much fun. I just tried to keep Alexa from going downstairs until 7am, so that hour wasn't very enjoyable. We also played musical beds with all of us switching beds and spots every night. Alexa didn't want the toddler bed after the 1st night, Kaitlyn didn't want to be kicked by Lauren, Alexa would wake up and want me, Lauren slept in the toddler bed a few nights to be by herself, and there were probably a few more reasons. But all said and done, it was a fun trip. Although my parents seem to love having us visit, I am sure they were happy to see us go and get back to their quiet house. Our 3 girls do seem to make a lot of noise between themselves, so they wore my mom out a few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment