Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update

Well it has been a long, long time since I updated this blog. As time goes by, it gets harder and harder to update since so much has happened. My old mind doesn't always remember all the good and exciting things and just seems to focus on all the bad stuff that you don't need to hear. Alexa is growing up so quickly it is amazing. She is a 3 1/2 year old who thinks she is 10. She expects to do everything that her sisters do and is so upset when she is excluded from anything. Her speech is getting immensely better and always saying things that amaze me. She loves playing on the computer and ipad and is always so frustrated when she needs help since the majority of the time she can do it all herself. She also loves to play any and all games and isn't too upset about losing. Alexa does have her 3 year old moments when she feels she is the boss and can do and say anything she wants, but we are working on it. We were at Target earlier today picking up a birthday present for her 1st school birthday party when she started crying hysterically when I told her the present was for Avery and she wasn't getting the same thing. I guess it makes me remember that she is still only 3. Although she keeps telling us that she is turning 5 soon. It is funny that Alexa seems to want to be 5 because Lauren is still 5, but they seem to fight all the time since one is always doing something to annoy the other. Alexa has started gymnastics and loves it. She woke up Monday morning ready to go and wasn't too happy to have to wait 3 hours before her class. Alexa is such a lovey dovey child and is always giving me hugs and kisses and saying that I am her best mommy. She also does not stop talking. There are days when I ask her if she will stop talking for 1 minute (I know, I really shouldn't), but she says she can't and keeps rambling on and on. I have also (God help me) put my hand over her mouth to quiet her, but she keeps talking away. Alexa also loves to ask where we are going in the car, and she will ask about 10 times each way and keep asking every few minutes. We have tried the Quiet Game, but she just isn't there yet. Lauren is also growing up so quickly. All Lauren can talk about lately is that she is turning 6, and we have been counting down the days. Lauren is just starting to read and is so proud of herself. She has been so afraid to open books since she couldn't read, but she has learned most of her sight words, and everything is just starting to click, so she is starting to look at more books lately. Lauren isn't so much a lovey dovey child, but she is the most touchy feely child that I have ever seen. She just loves sitting on us or next to us, but always must be touching someone. I think some kids get a little put off by her love of touching, but she has such an amazing personality that she doesn't always realize it or let things bother her. Unfortunately, Lauren has a horrible habit of putting everything in her mouth, whether it is paper, tissues, toys, anything. We have found countless toys with missing fingers, ears, toes, and various other parts. This could be one of the main reasons why when Lauren gets sick, she is always throwing up. Yes, Lauren has gotten sick several times this past winter, while her sisters have been pretty healthy all winter. Lauren is also taking gymnastics and an art class right now loving them. She is also signed up for the swim team, which starts in a month, and really can't wait for that to start. Kaitlyn is getting so much more mature everyday, or at least in some respects. She decided that she couldn't handle getting braces back in January, so we have put that off for a year or so. It was a tough situation for all of us to deal with, but hopefully she will be able to get them put on her teeth in a year or so. Kaitlyn has also had a tough time in school in that she doesn't have any close friends in her class, so she gets quite upset. There is only 1 1/2 months left, so we are hoping next year will be better. It has also been a tough year with some of the subjects at school, but 3rd grade just seems to be a tough for most students. On the positive side, Kaitlyn does have many good friends and a great imagination. She and several friends have decided to open their own store, K Girl Paris, which will sell everything from clothes and accessories for people to dogs and candy and various other things. Kaitlyn is still always reading books, and we have a hard time keeping up with all of them. She also loves watching all horse movies. Kaitlyn is currently taking dance and art classes and loving them. Sorry that these paragraphs are all over, but things just would come into my head, so I would write them down. I am probably missing lots of things though. So this is a start to hopefully get back into the swing of things. As for pictures, I haven't downloaded any lately and need to, but it may take some time. So I thought I would type this first and get it out of the way.

No comments: