I hate to say it, but I really hate it when things are going really well, or maybe just when I start to think things are going really well. Whenever I think things are going well, there is always a slap in the face or a return to reality.
Recently, I was thinking about how well this school year is going for Kaitlyn and how her attitude has been great with no hysterics, aside from her eating. The very next day, one of Kaitlyn's new earrings was inside or flush with her ear. Not the prettiest sight, but I kept it together and said that we needed to get it out or she wouldn't be able to wear earrings for a while. After 45 minutes of trying everything I could think of to get her to let me push it out from the back, I was finally chasing her around out house 3 times until I finally caught her and pulled her onto my lap. I was then able to hold her arms and legs down with my own legs just so I could push it out. Not a proud moment, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Now Kaitlyn is wearing a pair of my earrings that have no chance of getting stuck in her ear.
A day or 2 before that I was thinking about how Alexa has been growing up so quickly and seems to be listening so well. The very next day, Alexa was a terror and anytime I said anything, she did the exact opposite. So from now on, I am going to try hard not to think that things are going great, but that is sometimes so hard to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment