Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Week Gone By

Another week has past, and summer is fast approaching. I don't know what I am going to do with no free time to myself. I guess I will figure it out when the time gets here.

Alexa is getting started a little young for some things. Daddy is all ready for her to start playing soccer as you can see. She is so adaptable constantly going from this to that without much complaining. I just have to keep her from whining like her sisters, but she hears it enough that it is almost inevitable.

Lauren is growing up so much lately it is scary. She has changed so much in this school year that it is unbelievable. She actually listens and does what you want, most of the time. On Wednesday her school had Muffins with Mom, and she was the only one running all over the room and not sitting with her Mom. She does wear herself out pretty well though because she fell asleep in her car seat when we were headed to the grocery store Friday, right when we arrived at church on Saturday and at the beginning of Mary Poppins on Sunday. The problem is she then stays up until 10pm, so what are we going to do. Saturday, Lauren also had a great time at her friend Sydney's birthday party at Monkey Joe's. She was climbing up everything and didn't want to leave, of course.

Kaitlyn had Field Day at her school on Friday, and she had so much fun. It was for the entire school, so it was a little crazy and not the easiest to enjoy with Lauren running everywhere, so the rest of us didn't last very long. Kaitlyn also had another soccer game, and she is ready for the season to be over next weekend. Daddy will have to look for Lauren or Alexa to be his soccer star as Kaitlyn is headed back to dance or trying gymnastics. Kaitlyn loves to play with her Webkinz, but has decided that she needs to "dot com" another animal to play with. I do not exactly know where she heard that term, but it is now a part of her vocabulary. She has also gotten to be a little better eater lately, as long as I cook what she likes to eat. She loved having pizza bread, hamburgers and pigs in a blanket last week, so now we just have to work on her eating some healthier foods, but it is always a work in process.

The girls loved coming up to "wake" me up and bring me breakfast in bed yesterday for Mother's Day. Kaitlyn was so proud of all her cards and pictures that she made for me. Lauren was too busy going to find something else to do after surprising me. Alexa was already in bed for her morning nap. So other than that, we had a quiet day and just walked to Kaitlyn's school to fly a kite, kick the soccer ball and play on the playground. We were going to the Botanical Gardens and the park for a picnic, but the rain the night before and the wind ruined our plans. I just had a great day being with my 3 girls. To all you mothers, grandmothers and mothers-to-be out there, I hope that you had a great day as well.

No comments: