We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents coming to visit for a few days. The girls were so excited to see them, but it was a little deterred by Lauren throwing up the night before they arrived. We were a little worried that it was the flu, but then I remembered that it was the same pizza that she threw up with twice before last winter, which we had taken a break from. Now it looks like we are done getting pizza from there. So that Wednesday morning, Bill stayed home with Lauren while I took Kaitlyn and Alexa to meet my parents at a mall. Kaitlyn was so excited because she was going to ride on the Pink Pig, which is a ride and an Atlanta tradition at Christmas time. Unfortunately, we waited for 1 1/2 hours, but these are just the things we do for our kids. That night we just stayed in since Lauren was still a little pale and just easier with 3 little ones.
Thanksgiving was a relaxing and joyful day. Lots to do, but it all got done. My parents took Alexa for a walk and then when they were about done, Lauren decides that she wants to be with them, so they go for a drive. Bill's mom and sister, Katherine, came over for a late lunch/early dinner, so it was nice to have more people to use our seldom used dining room. Bill deep-fried a turkey, which he was so excited to do again since it has been awhile.
Friday was a somewhat quiet day. I got up and went shopping with my parents. We got lots done in the few hours that we were out since it is so much easier to shop without kids. I just don't get as many chances as I would like. The girls loved getting all of their Christmas presents from my parents that afternoon. Lauren didn't understand when I said that Santa had come. It is funny because they loved opening up all the bags and finding clothes, but Christmas morning when they open the presents of clothes, they won't care about them at all since there will also be lots of toys with the new clothes.
Friday night, I was so happy to get a babysitter, so Bill and I could have a nice dinner out with my parents. We haven't had too many nights out like that so we really enjoyed it. Always nice to have a good dinner and great company.
Unfortunately, my parents headed home Saturday afternoon. They were ready to get back to their house, at least for a few weeks since they haven't been there much lately, but we really miss them here. We are already looking forward to Easter and spring break when we will head up to Baltimore to visit with them again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment