It is always amazing how quickly time flies by, but it is more noticeable on birthdays, especially your children's birthdays! I am just in shock that my baby is 2 years old today! I, sadly and happily, can now say that there are no more babies in my house. It is easier to say because Alexa is somewhat potty-trained. She has been wearing only panties for the last 3 weeks, except for nap time and bedtime. Alexa still has some accidents, but those are mainly from #2s and hopefully that will change soon. Alexa is also usually dry after her nap, so I could probably stop then, but she is still sleeping in her crib, so that may not be the best move.
Alexa was also getting to be too needy for mommy, so I joined a gym to at least get her playing with other kids and give me a break. We had a week where she was terrified of letting me go work out, but once she could see that I was in the other room it was better. Now I just have to keep up my routine of going 2 times a week, so she doesn't forget it, like today. Alexa is still a mommy's girl and always wants me to hold her and put her to bed, but we are working on it.
Alexa now loves watching TV, but only specific baby shows. On Demand is great because I can always put on what she wants, but it might be better to just get what is on the TV because you have to try other things out. I will try different baby shows or the Wiggles or something else and she freaks out.
Alexa is also my wonderful eater. She will try almost anything on her plate. Lately, she loves crab legs, pasta and chocolate, but we definitely are not fast enough with the crab legs. I am just hoping that the eating doesn't stop like it did when Lauren was around 2 1/2 years old, especially since Lauren and Kaitlyn are starting to try more things once again.
For those of you wondering about the birthday plans, sorry but there isn't too much planned, especially since she doesn't have any friends yet. We make some turkey cupcakes for her last week while my parents were here (chocolate cupcakes with nutter butters and candy corns to look like turkeys. I tried making a cake yesterday, but it stuck to the pan, so I made a 2nd cake today that is already frosted and looking good. Sunday we are headed over to Marietta to celebrate with Bill's family. So even with no party, Alexa is still having a good birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment