Saturday, December 12, 2009

Breakfast with Santa

We just had breakfast with Santa, and the girls seemed to enjoy themselves. I would love to post pictures, but it may be another month before we have a computer that I can do that with. Sorry. Lauren sidled right up to him to tell him that she wants a pink Barbie airplane, just like the one her aunt Elizabeth has. Kaitlyn sat next to Lauren and has now added a DS to her list because the other girls we sat with both wanted one. Alexa was afraid, but did sit on Kaitlyn's lap with Lauren between her and Santa, so we could at least get a picture of all 4 of them together. No matching outfits this year, but they all looked adorable and loved getting all dressed up. I believe they may be keeping their dresses on all day. They also looked beautiful in their winter coats (2 new ones from Grandma and Grandpa), so I had to get a picture of them in those as well. Alexa even wore her Russian hat for a little while at the grocery store afterwards, but not for too long.

The girls are all getting so excited for Santa to come. It is amazing how quickly this year has flown by and there are less than 2 weeks left. Today I am going to attempt to make some cookie dough with Kaitlyn and Lauren. I am planning it for today, so I can then do the cut-outs tomorrow while Alexa is napping and Bill is taking K & L to see The Princess and the Frog. Maybe I can even get the frosting in by myself, but I think that may be wishful thinking.

Alexa received the Elf on the Shelf from Mimi for her birthday, and they all love getting up and looking for Elfish every morning. Kaitlyn and Lauren each have their own rooms to look in each day. I can't wait for the day when he is in the same spot, and they don't understand why he didn't go see Santa in the middle of the night.

On another note, I think we may have a little gymnast on our hands. Alexa has been hanging from everything for a while now, so her ab muscles are incredible. She has just recently started doing somersaults all by herself now. I never realized a 2 year old could do them, but I guess it helps to have 2 older sisters to watch and imitate.

I hope to get on again to update some more on our holiday happenings, but if not, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!

No comments: