Monday, October 4, 2010

School Days

It is amazing that school has been in session for 6 weeks already. Kaitlyn is still having a good year, but it is definitely tougher than 2nd grade. Last year there were weekly spelling tests of 10 words, but this year there are weekly spelling tests of 20 - 25 words and also math, science and social studies tests. Kaitlyn and I have been butting heads an awful lot lately because she doesn't always want to study or do her work, but we are working on things. I don't always like to bribe my children, but we seem to be doing it a lot more with Kaitlyn lately.

Lauren seems to be settling down a lot more. She still has some rough days, but many more good days than bad days. I always know when Lauren gets off the bus if she had a good or bad day since she always seems to regret or feel guilty for not getting a punch on her treasure box card (10 punches for a prize). Bribery is a good incentive sometimes!

Alexa is having a great year and always wants to go to school on her days off. She is always singing songs, and some she must have heard at school since I don't recognize them. It is too cute to hear. Alexa does miss her sisters so much during the day and loves to see them when they come home from school.

No comments: