Friday, January 30, 2009

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Backward


There are so many days when I feel like we are turning the corner and having Lauren be such a good girl most of the time. Then there are always those weeks when you wish you could lock her in her room and not hear any of the screaming, whining or banging. Lauren will always be my strong-willed child who is determined to do everything herself, but I just love those days when she is her lovable self. Lately, she is so tired at the end of the day that she is just crashing right away, but then she is up bright and early. We have had a tough week or lots of whining, so I am not sure if she is tired or mad at me for leaving her.


Lauren has an incredible imagination that I am not sure if I should believe her or not. A few months ago, she kept saying that 2 girls called her a boy and that they weren't nice. Now she plays with 1 of those girls all the time and they are buddy-buddy. Then on Tuesday, she told me that she wants this boy Brian from school to come over for a play date. Then she happened to mention that he kissed her and she didn't like it. I saw her teacher that afternoon, and she never saw it, but she wouldn't be surprised because the boy is a lovey-dovey child. Lauren also loves to play with her dollhouse, Little Pet Shop and Playmobile people. She is always having conversations between all the people (just like her aunt Alicia and her little people)! Lauren is also wonderful with puzzles, but usually likes to do the same ones over and over since she knows them by heart.

No comments: