Friday, January 30, 2009

Trip to Buffalo



Last weekend I was lucky enough to get a weekend away, by myself. Yes it was to cold and snowy Buffalo, but anytime away is always a vacation. It was a wonderful time to spend with lots of my family since there was a bridal shower for my sister, Katie. So nice to see so many of my aunts and cousins for both sides of the family. Unfortunately, I only saw my brother and his wife for about 3 minutes at the airport. I was able to get together with 2 of my high school friends, one that I hadn't seen in over 10 years (thanks Carreen for setting it up).


I loved being able to see my nephews and niece, but was strictly off duty. For our family dinner, I was at the other end of the table from the boys, so no cutting food and worrying if they were making too much noise. Also I could stay out late at the bars (thanks Ryan for driving)! Luke also asked me to give him a bath, but that just wasn't going to happen on that weekend. As for Aidan and Sawyer, it was weird to hold babies smaller than Alexa, but I guess she isn't a baby anymore. It is amazing how much they are both growing and I can't wait to see them all again in May, with my girls to be able to play with their cousins!
Bill did manage very well for 3 days without me, so I am proud of him. It is always good for him to see all that I do, but also for the girls to rely solely on him. I guess I will need to take these trips more often, but maybe next time to the beach or on a cruise!

No comments: