Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alexa is a Terror

We love Lauren incredibly much, but we were kind of hoping Alexa would be a little more like Kaitlyn than Lauren. Lauren just seems to get into everything and does not stop moving. Unfortunately for us, Alexa is way too much like Lauren. The only good thing is that I am having so many laughs with and at her. Alexa gets into EVERYTHING and does not stop. She also knows when she is in trouble and sticks out her butt and her head and smirks and laughs. Hard to describe, but too funny to see.

Friday night, Bill took Lauren and Alexa to the playground, while Kaitlyn and I went to sell Girl Scout cookies at Lowe's. Bill was amazed when Alexa went right up the 10 foot ladder and down its slide all by herself and kept doing it over and over again. Well that should have warned us that she will do anything. Alexa has also attempted to climb the 1st step of the bunk bed ladder, but hadn't gotten very far. So it really shouldn't have surprised me to find her at the top of the bunk bed this morning, but it did! I had left her 2 minutes before in the playroom, and next thing I know, she is on the top bunk, laughing at me. Luckily, I found her when she just got up there and not when she was going to start trying to climb down because I don't think she would have been able to use the ladder coming down. Needless to say, Kaitlyn and Lauren's bedroom door will now be staying shut! We just can't take our eyes off her for a moment!

Another funny thing is Lauren has decided not to call Alexa by her name, but to now call her Alexia. Every time Lauren starts Alexa's name, I cringe and just wait to hear what she is going to say. It is now Alexia about 9 times out of 10. Lauren is also so excited to be going to her friend JP's birthday party today. She has been to several parties, but this is one of the few without Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn is doing well. Her homework this week is to build a trap for a leprechaun, so she is having lots of fun thinking of ideas for it. Since I am not very creative in things like this, I am happy to turn this project over to Bill. Kaitlyn was also so excited and thankful to sell so many Girl Scout cookies to so many of you. Her Girl Scout troop just went to a bread company to see how they make bread, and they had so much fun. They were all fascinated to see what it starts from.

Tonight we are having a family portrait taken at our church for the directory. Hopefully, we will all have smiles on our faces!

No comments: