I am sure there is lots more that I have forgotten, but that will have to do, for now.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Where to Begin?!
Once again, time has flown by and no posting! It is tough to know where to begin since so much time has passed. I kept avoiding this website since I had so much to put in, but not enough time at one sitting.
I guess the most important is that my baby sister got married. The girls and I flew up to Buffalo the week before the wedding to spend time at a cottage my parents rented on Lake Erie. We had a fabulous time and were lucky with the weather since it has been a horrible summer up there. That week we spent lots of time with the girls' cousins, Luke, Aidan and Sawyer. We even tried getting a picture of all the grandkids, which wasn't the best idea with an almost 7 year old, 2 4 1/2 year olds, a 20 month old, a 15 month old and a 10 month old. When 1 started crying or moving, then another would. Too funny to watch! The girls loved going down to the lake and swimming almost every day. We also flew a kite, which was great with all the wind. We spent a day at Wanakah, and the girls didn't want to get out of the pool since it was like bathwater. For some reason, I remember the water always being cold, but I guess that was just during swim team practices and meets. My whole family also celebrated Kaitlyn's 7th birthday one night, which she loved. It was a good thing too since everyone but myself forgot Kaitlyn's birthday on her actual day! That could be because Alicia and Jon's wedding was the night before and we were all so tired from dancing the night away!
Alicia and Jon had an amazing wedding. The weather was supposed to be bad that day, but they lucked out and it just started drizzling during the last of the pictures. It was a downpour after that, including when we went to pick up our girls at Mary and Duffy's house and then running into our house. Not too much fun, but what can you do?!
Lauren was a beautiful flower girl, but did have some moments. At the rehearsal dinner, Lauren had to sit next to Alicia. She also loved getting a ballerina jewelry box and a new bride Barbie. I tried to get her to call her Alicia, but no go. Saturday morning, she went to get her hair done with grandma that morning, but started crying at the end that she hated it and wanted it all taken down. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the back of her head, but it looked awesome. I did get her calmed down and kept her hair the way it was, and I even got to add some hairspray since that was forgotten once Lauren started crying. Afterwards, we headed to Wanakah with my parents to meet up with Alicia and the bridesmaids for pictures. Lauren was great for this and loved riding on the bus with all the girls. Luke and Lauren walking down the aisle were too funny and just a tad slow, with Lauren holding Luke back, only to have my sister, Erin, pushing them along. Lauren was then great for the first 15 minutes of mass, but then got fidgety. She came back and sat with us and then ended up back in her seat. The problem arose when I brought the gifts up to the priests, and Lauren had to be with me. After that there was nothing I could do, but stay with her. When mass ended, she wanted me to walk down the aisle with her, but I tried to get Luke to wait, so they both could go in front of my parents, but that didn't happen. Instead, Lauren walked down the aisle with me and Kaitlyn afterwards. No big deal.
Kaitlyn, Lauren and Luke all rode the bus with the wedding party back to Wanakah, and they all loved it. Then we had wedding party and family pictures right away, but Lauren wasn't up for them. She was held in some by my sister, Katie. Then during cocktail hour, Lauren had to stay with Alicia and held her hand while she talked to everyone. I believe she was in lots of pictures with Alicia and her high school friends, college friends, and whatever other ones. I can't wait to see them all! Mark and Jennifer did bring a DVD player, so the kids watched a movie upstairs for a little while. Since Kaitlyn didn't want to dance, her and Alexa went to my aunt Mary and uncle Duffy's house with my cousin, Noelle, babysitting. Lauren stayed a little while and danced some with Luke, but then she was exhausted, so off she went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment