Kaitlyn and I made it through our Mother-Daughter Camping Trip with flying colors. We drove down Friday afternoon, after dropping Lauren and Alexa off with Bill at his office. Kaitlyn and I stopped for her favorite dinner of McDonalds and then headed to the campgrounds. We were the 1st people there from her Brownie Troop, so we just unloaded our things. We were staying in Platform Tents, which are tents built on a wood floor with 4 cots set up. That night we just had a campfire and ate some smores. Kaitlyn was tired, so we were the first ones to bed around 9:30pm.
Saturday, we didn't really want to get up since it was a little cold, but we were excited for the day. There were activities from 9-12 and 2-5 so we tried to do as much as we could. We tie-dyed t-shirts, tried making a basket, stamped leather bookmarks and bracelets, made ice candles, went for a hike, made bead bracelets, bead animals, and canoeing. I was a little nervous with the canoeing, afraid that we might tip over, but Kaitlyn did a great job and I got a good workout.
Our troop was on its own for the meals, so we just did the basics, but did grill some hot dogs over the fire for dinner. Kaitlyn was nervous of getting to close to the fire, so I grilled hers, but they did taste really good. The camp did provide all the hot chocolate and cookies you could eat, and we did enjoy those. I was hoping Kaitlyn would drink some hot chocolate, but she just won't try it. It was so cold that day, so I definitely drank my fair share.
Saturday night, there was a talent show for all of the girls. There were about 75 girls and they all seemed to get up there at some point, so it was a long night, but they all seemed to have fun. Once again, Kaitlyn was tired, so we were the first ones in her troop to head in (definitely does not take after her night owl mother!). The 2 of us did stay up talking with our lantern. That night was a long, cold night and 1 of the big reasons why I don't like camping (it got down around 37 degrees)!
Sunday morning, we got up and moved everything back to the car and cleaned up the tent. Then we had a good breakfast there and then we were headed home. All in all, it was a great weekend to spend with Kaitlyn. If I got to choose again, I would definitely pick a hotel instead, but the time together was the important part! I loved seeing her interact with all the other girls and listen to some of the random things that she says!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment