It has been a busy week with Kaitlyn and Lauren's 1st week of school, and Bill starting a new job. Kaitlyn and Lauren seemed to have a good week, while Bill is settling in nicely.
It is hard going from sleeping in until 8 - 8:30am to getting up at 6:15am, so it has been an adjustment. Everyone has been a little cranky, but I seem to be the most tired of everyone. Kaitlyn seems to love both her teachers and has some friends in her class, so we are hoping it will be a good year. Lauren also loves her teachers and knows lots of kids. We just have had some slow mornings with some "I don't want to go to school" or "I hate school", but I assume that is just from being overtired every morning.
Alexa is adjusting to life without her sisters again. The 1st day she was a little sad, but she is getting used to it. We go meet Alexa's teacher next Friday, and then her school starts the next Tuesday, so she will be thrilled to get going.
As for Bill, he is all excited about his new job in the marketing department. There will be lots of travel, so he is starting to find out what his schedule will be like. The other night he was trying to describe what he is doing to the girls, and Kaitlyn then asked, "Are you like a cashier?" Too funny.
As for me, I am enjoying some quiet time with Alexa. I am going to be volunteering at the girls' school some more, so that has already taken up some of my time. I am also just looking forward to going into stores all by myself as it is so much easier than with all 3 hanging on me or running away from me.
We are all looking forward to this weekend. Bill and I have a tennis tournament tonight, tomorrow morning and possibly Sunday, so the girls are spending the night with Mimi. We are hoping they get lots of sleep to start catching up on their sleep and be already for school next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment