Kaitlyn and Lauren's grandmother wanted to spend some quality time with each of the girls separately. So Kaitlyn was 1st to spend the night with Mimi, and she had a wonderful time. After the girls and I spent the morning at the dinosaur museum and had a picnic lunch and ice cream, Kaitlyn was dropped off. Kaitlyn made a beautiful glitter picture from the cleaned up art box. Mimi and Kaitlyn went out for pizza and then stopped in to see how Uncle Elliott was doing after a minor procedure. In the morning they went to see a puppet show, Pinocchio, that Kaitlyn still can't stop talking about 2 weeks later. Afterwards, they met Lauren, Alexa and I at the mall for lunch and a ride on the merry-go-round.
As for Lauren, she was able to spend the night the next Wednesday. I was a little nervous about her since she has never spent the night anywhere without a parent or sister around, but she was so excited to go. Mimi and her friend, Nancy, came to pick Lauren up, and she couldn't have been happier. Lauren and Mimi went to see the movie, Up, and then went to Chuck-E-Cheese's for dinner. Lauren has been asking to go there for the longest time, so it worked out, and she had a wonderful time. I guess she did have a little meltdown at bedtime when she really wanted me, but Mimi just laid down with her and went to bed a little earlier than normal. The next morning, we met for lunch again.
Now I am just wondering when it is Alexa's turn for some quality time with Mimi?! Kaitlyn and Lauren had wonderful times with their Mimi, and I know she had the same. It is always good to get a little spoiled and spend some alone time, especially for the child home with us, since it is tough finding that time alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment