Monday, September 21, 2009

Consignment Sale

The past few weeks I had been getting lots of things ready to sell at a consignment sale. Most of the clothes has either been given to charity or to Erin, but there were a few things left, so they were cleaned and priced out. Then I was also happy to get rid of most of the baby toys, such as the walker toys or a table to stand up and play with. Then we also had the high chair, our old big stroller that never got used anymore, the diaper pail and 2 gates. It felt so good to drop all of the things off on Thursday.

As for Alexa, there was a babysitting service, so I could leave her for the 15 minutes while I checked all of my things in to be sold. The moms told me that she hadn't moved the whole time that she was there. When I left, 1 mom was reading a story, so she was listening to that, but she stood there, without crying, probably not knowing what to think. As for Friday, I had to volunteer from 8 - 11am, so she was fine when I dropped her off and she didn't want to leave when I picked her up. I am not sure if she liked all the different toys and books and all the other kids, but we stayed for a few more minutes, just because she wouldn't leave.

The good/bad thing about all this was that I felt I needed to shop as well, so I went Thursday night and bought a bunch of stuff for Kaitlyn and a little for Lauren. After I got home, I forgot to get some things for Lauren that she needed, so I bought more Friday after my shift. It was great to be able to see each night what sold and how much money I made for everything. So I am happy to report, that I made $20 over what I spent, so I was very happy. The church has these sales twice a year, so I think I am going to have to do it all the time now. I will be able to keep getting rid of clothes and toys, which is always good, and I can help to pay for new clothes for the girls.

No comments: