Yes last week was a very crazy week. We had rain for 7 or 8 straight days, with the last day being the worst or nonstop all day, and it ending with horrible flooding all over Atlanta (for all those in the dark of the news). Luckily or unluckily, we just got some water damage in the basement. In comparison to alot of other houses, we are very lucky, but we still had a lot of work to do.
Bill called at 5:30pm Monday to say that his car wouldn't start, so I had to load the girls up and go pick him up at his corporate office. The drive was eye-opening since Windward Lake, our subdivision's lake, was incredibly high. A bridge that we drove over had its small creek almost up to the bridge. I didn't want to drive back over it, but Bill wanted to see how bad it was. Nevertheless, we got home and Bill went to check our basement. When he didn't come up after 30 minutes, I realized that I needed to get down there. We realized that there was water in our basement bedroom, one of our storage rooms and a little bit in our tv room. After Bill ran to Home Depot and Lowe's to see if they had any shop vacs (last one), dehumidifiers (none) and fans (none), I had a quick dinner and put the girls to bed. We went to work pulling up the carpet from the bedroom, which was a back-breaker. The rug and pad were sopping wet and so heavy, so the wagon came in handy pulling it out of the house. We were up and working until 11:30pm.
It was at that time when I found out that the girls didn't have school on Tuesday. Yes a rain day, even though it had stopped rainy. It was tough because I couldn't let them come into the basement because things were thrown everywhere and there were tools and such all over the place. I called Bill at 11am and said he really needed to come home. Kaitlyn and Lauren played with our neighbor, Olivia, from 11:30am - 5:30pm, so they had a blast on their day off. Alexa and I were in and out of Home Depots and the car all day. By the end of the day we had 4 fans and 4 dehumidifiers going, but we couldn't figure out where the water came from.
It is now a week later and we still aren't positive about where the water is coming from. We think that one of our foundation drains is clogged, but we can't find it, since it is somewhere in a bunch of ivy. We do still have 2 dehumidifiers, and they are still picking up a lot of water. Bill talked to a waterproofing company, but their earliest appointment is the middle of December, so someday, we will have this completed.
Sorry there aren't any pictures, but we still don't have our computer up, so I can't download any pictures. Someday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment