Alexa is my 22 month old going on 8 year old. She wants to do everything that both of her sisters do, but doesn't realize that she can't just yet. She also gets into anything and everything. Once again today, she got into the hand soap I keep in all the bathrooms and puts it in her hair, which doesn't feel very good. She also likes to wait until I have turned on Barney for her and I jump in the shower, and then right in front of me she proceeds to move my stool in front of the sink to turn on the water and play with the soap, my toothbrush and toothpaste, my makeup or whatever else she can find in my drawers. My yelling to stop doesn't seem to have any effect since she knows she has about 10 minutes to get into anything she wants! Then afterwards I was on the phone with my mom when Alexa disappeared into her room a few minutes. Next thing I knew she had diapers and wipes everywhere. I just hope that I realize someday that I can't leave her alone, but I doubt it.
Alexa also loves to jump and dance. Alexa will start jumping and jumps and laughs so much that she starts to fall down. Then she gets back up and keeps on jumping and falling over laughing. It is just too funny to watch. As for dancing, she loves to move around and makes the best facial expressions. My sisters probably wouldn't think that she is the best dancer since she doesn't shake her butt too much, but it is too funny.
As for the potty, Alexa seems to be avoiding it lately. I think I am going to have to get some bribery, so I can treat her after each time gone on the potty.
Alexa seems to be a little clumsy. Lately she has gotten so many bumps and bruises that I don't know whether I should feel bad for her after another fall or laugh because it has happened again! Last week she was running and tripped and fell and hit her forehead on our metal computer. Within 30 seconds a huge goosegg formed, and I was so nervous I called and talked to the nurse. As long as Alexa didn't start stumbling or throwing up, then we were good to go. Luckily, the goosegg didn't last too long and her hair that needs to be cut could cover up the bump. Alexa was brushing her teeth on the toilet the other night when she proceeded to stand up and fall into the counter and bang her mouth. I didn't see it happen so didn't know where she hurt herself until I saw a little blood inside her mouth. Luckily, we still had a teether in the freezer so that helped, and it didn't bleed long. So with all this, it looks like Alexa is going to be more adventurous, like Lauren. Never a dull moment around the King household.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment