Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lauren

Lauren is just the opposite of Kaitlyn, but she does try so hard to be just like her right now. Lauren is trying to be just as creative as Kaitlyn and is always making new pictures for us. She just needs to learn to use napkins and paper towels to clean her hands. Today I picked her up from school and she walked out of the door covered in blue stamping paint, all over her shirt and pants, front and back. Lauren looked at me and started bawling her eyes out because she was afraid I was mad at her. They stamped in the morning, so she was like that for most of the day and it didn't faze her until seeing me, and all I could do, was laugh at her.

Last week after picking her up from school, Lauren and I ran to Home Depot to pick up a few things for Bill, who was digging a ditch for our drainage pipes. Lauren kept telling me that she wanted to go to the store with the circle and the ball. Well I wouldn't have a clue what she was talking about, but Home Depot is right next to Target, so I soon realized exactly where she wanted. She may not remember names so well, but she definitely has the advertising down pat.

As for school, Lauren has learned to write her name and knows most of her letters and numbers. She has gotten to be friends with everyone and will play with most of the kids. Lauren has developed an especially close friendship with a boy named Will, and they both keep talking about a sleepover they want to have together. I just don't think that Bill will go for that though!

No comments: