Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kaitlyn

Well I am going to try to do some updates on each of the girls once again. Hopefully I can finish them all today and not in a few days. Lately, the big thing that Kaitlyn can't stop talking about is a sleepover party. We told her she can have 3 friends spend the night, but they all need to visit our house beforehand to make sure they and their parents are all okay with it. Kaitlyn seems to talk about it everyday at school because she is always bringing home plans for what they will do together, which includes telling me who likes bacon and who doesn't, who likes a nightlight, who likes hot dogs or pizza, etc. Well we have had 2 of the girls over already, so plans have been made for next Wednesday, and then I am sure I will never hear the end of it, until the sleepover is here. I hope the other girls in her class don't hear her talking about it, or if they do, then I hope that she is nice about what she says on why they aren't invited, but I can see her saying that she is only allowed 3 girls and you just don't make the cut!

The other thing Kaitlyn can't stop talking about is our Mother-Daughter camping trip with her Brownie troop this weekend. Yes we are heading out into the wild and cold, but, hopefully, no rain. We should have lots of fun though. I will have to fill you in later with all the details.

Kaitlyn has also gotten to be pretty whiny lately. Everyday she seems to find something new to complain about. This morning it was that she didn't want to wear tights, and then didn't want to wear the outfit that we picked out the night before, then it was the new shirt's tag was itching the back of her neck. Every morning, like most kids, it is that she is so tired and doesn't want to get up. Soon it will be that it is too cold in the morning. Kaitlyn had a dental appointment today to get a spacer put in her mouth, but it turns out all she did was complain about it being uncomfortable. Well the dentist wanted me to go to the orthodontist for early intervention, until I mentioned the tongue thrust she has and how they didn't have that on the spacer. So they redid her impressions and are going to have another spacer made for her. When making the new appointment, they usually like younger kids to go in the morning (better moods), but the dentist agreed that it won't matter for Kaitlyn, she will just complain regardless. Now I do seem to be complaining a lot about Kaitlyn's complaining, but I am trying to work on her and get her better about it. Hopefully it will work, someday...

As for school, Kaitlyn is doing well, but her teacher says she is very creative. In other words, she is rushing through all of her work, and sometimes making more errors than she should, just so she can do other things she likes better, like her plans for the sleepover, writing books and stories, making up handshakes, etc. She is such a creative, emotional and caring girl.

No comments: