Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1st Reconciliation

Kaitlyn received her First Reconciliation today. As some of you know, it is 1 of the 7 sacraments, so a big deal. We have been helping her to memorize several prayers and going through different things that she has done and needed to ask for forgiveness. As with most things that are new, Kaitlyn was pretty apprehensive and nervous. She got through it just fine. Afterwards, she found me in the 1st pew of the church waiting for her, so she could kneel and do her penance. After a minute, she said that the priest never told her what she needed to do. Now I am not sure if Kaitlyn missed hearing it, if the priest forgot or if the priest just didn't give her anything since she didn't have much to ask for forgiveness for, but regardless, I said that she should say 2 Our Fathers and 2 Hail Marys. So is that something that I need to ask for forgiveness for now?! As I was walking and she was skipping out, Kaitlyn said that it was easy as pie! So much for her being nervous!

No comments: