Lauren began her swim lessons Monday afternoon, but unfortunately, the lesson did not last very long. I was at the other end of the building, when I noticed that no one was in her pool anymore. Once I got down to Lauren, I was told by her instructor that Lauren threw up in the pool. I was then told by the director that I signed a waiver and anytime they have to close the pool, there is a $300 fine. Now I have heard of these fines and we have had many close calls, mostly from the other end, but I have never had to pay a fine. Luckily, the director told Bill today that we would ONLY have to pay $150, so I guess I should be grateful.
Today, I did warn Lauren that if she got sick in the pool again that she wouldn't be doing swim lessons again since we couldn't afford all that money! Probably not the best way to teach your child things, but the scare tactic does work, sometimes. I also did tell her to get sick on the side of the pool and not in it. I am not sure what got Lauren sick, whether it was excitement nerves, the crackers and yogos that she had before going, or from jumping in and turning on her back, but I am just happy that she made it through today without any more incidents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment