I have my sweet Alexa back! Now that the girls are back in school, I was thinking that she was going to miss them, but she hasn't seemed to miss them much at all and is back to being her sweet, lovable self. I guess over the summer, Alexa was trying to copy Kaitlyn and Lauren in everything and it was no fun to watch her try things way too hard for her.
Going to stores was just miserable since everyone would go every which way and touch everything. I tried my sister, Erin's, rule of 1 finger to touch anything, well that didn't work at all. Initially all the girls would try it, but then Alexa would pick something up and with her other hand, touch the product with 1 finger. Too funny to see and she did listen to me!
Today, we just went shopping for 4 hours, and Alexa was wonderful. Sometimes she would sit in the stroller, while other times she would look at things, but stay close by. We did have 1 issue, but nothing to do with Alexa. We were looking at the children's clothing in Dillards when I realized that my stroller had disappeared. There was another stroller near where I left mine, so I assumed that someone had just mistakenly walked away with my stroller instead of theirs. A salesclerk was helping me look and was going to call security for me, but I said to just wait. About 10 minutes later, a lady came back with my stroller and then accused me of taking her baby clothes off her stroller! No apologies or anything!
It is also amazing how perceptive Alexa is about most things. We usually do our errands in the morning and then head home for lunch and Alexa's nap. So whenever we finish our errands and I say we are heading home, Alexa always starts saying no that she doesn't want to go home. I finally realized that she just doesn't want to take her nap.
Alexa had a cut on her finger a few weeks ago, and I didn't know what it was from, but it seemed pretty deep and took a while to heal. I just know found out what it was from. When Alexa has her blankey, she sucks her middle and ring fingers on her left hand. She was just resting on our couch and I saw 2 horrible indentions on her middle finger and realized that she cut herself last time from sucking so hard. So now I need to get her to stop sucking her fingers, not just for her teeth's sake, but also for her finger's sake.
Alexa usually picks out her clothes and sometimes will also get dressed all by herself. This morning she put on this shorts outfit and then decided to change until some brown shorts and a pink t-shirt. Right after she came back into my room, I had just put a purple shirt on, so she ran back into her room to put on her purple shirt to match me. I assume she got this from her sisters and how they talk about matching sometimes, but it was too funny.
Tomorrow, we are heading to Alexa's new school to meet her teachers. Alexa starts school on Tuesday and will be going Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. She thinks that she is going to Kaitlyn and Lauren's school. She also seems to be really excited about school, so we will see how she does next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment