Friday, August 27, 2010

Games

I keep forgetting to write some things that I meant to include in this blog. Lately, all we seem to do together in this house is play games.

Kaitlyn has been learning chess from Bill and seems to be enjoying herself. Bill wants me to learn as well, so I could be an equal partner to her. I don't know if I want to do that since I don't really like to do things if I am not good at them, just a little bit competitiveness inside me! I probably will anyways since you always do things for your kids.

Lauren will play anything and everything, but lately, we have been playing Connect 4 alot. At first, she just put her men wherever. I started to tell her that she doesn't want to put her man in certain places. She really started getting it and thinking about where to put her men each turn. 2 weeks ago, we were playing, and I told her that I needed to get some work done. Well she said she wasn't going to stop playing until she won a game. If anyone knows me, then I am not going to just let her win. At this age, she needs to earn it. After several more games, I said that I really needed to stop, so only 1 more game. Well she wanted 5, so we settled on 3 games. On the very last game, she actually beat me fair and square, and I couldn't have been prouder of her, as she was with herself! She definitely got both of our competitiveness!

As for Alexa, she is always asking to play games. We started with the basics of Candy Land and Cariboo, and we have now moved on to Sequence for Kids, Connect 4 and Matching. Connect 4 and Matching are really just to be like her sisters, but we have fun just playing around. Sequence is an awesome game that the 2 of us can play together or all as a family. Alexa is still of age that I feel I need to lose to her when it is just the 2 of us. Although, when we play as a family, anyone can win, and it is great to see Alexa be so excited when she wins and also when anyone else wins!

I have always been a lover of games, so it is great to see all 3 of our girls love playing as much as me! Some may be a little bit more competitive than others, but as long as they have fun, then I am happy!

No comments: