Monday, August 23, 2010

Kaitlyn's 8th Birthday

Kaitlyn is finally 8! She has been talking about her 8th birthday party for the past year, and it has come and gone. She actually had a birthday week. 2 days before there was a parade in our town, so we all went to see it. The girls favorite part was getting all of the candy, of course. That night they got to spend with their Mimi, as we had a party to go to, so they were spoiled over there. Sunday Bill and I picked them up and headed down to the Braves game. There is a kids' section with games that they loved. Kaitlyn was happy that she got to see not just 1 home runs, but 2. It was really hot, but we were, luckily, under cover. Alexa wasn't the best at sitting still, but we managed.








As for the big day, we went to Barnes & Noble, which they all love to go to read and play with the train. Then had lunch at Jason's Deli (Kaitlyn's choice) with Bill. We just ate at home that night and had cake and ice cream. A doctor's appointment was thrown in on Wednesday, which wasn't the best since K doesn't like the pin prick and the flu mist. Just a little screaming with me holding her down for the 2 and we were out of there, but not before the doctor telling me that she needs to eat more. Kaitlyn only weighs 50 pounds and is 25th %, which is greatly down from over 90th % at birth!








Thursday we went to a children's museum and took K's best friend, Raegan, and her brother, Benjamin, who is Lauren's age. They had a great time and loved it more than the last time since they could share with the experience with others. I did have a good laugh when Raegan and Kaitlyn were wearing poodle skirts and I mentioned how they were from a long time ago, and Raegan said, "yeah, from the 80s!" How old did I feel then?!






The big sleepover was Friday night, but not without a few hassles. Several of the girls had some prior commitments, so it was down to 5 girls. Then our neighbor had to head to her dad's house right before the party started, and then another came just for the party and skipped the sleepover. On top of this, Bill flew to Connecticut to help out his brother and was supposed to be on an early flight back, but was delayed and wasn't supposed to land until 9:30pm. Luckily, he talked himself in front of 60 people on the standby list and got put on an earlier flight, so he arrived home at 7:30pm, just in time for cookie cake and ice cream! I did have Mimi to help me with everything, and everything did seem to move smoothly from decorating a little bag and pillow cases to the pinata to pizza and then presents. Kaitlyn seemed to have a wonderful time, so that is all that matters! The girls didn't get to sleep until 11pm and then were up at 7am, so not tons of sleep for then, but I guess that is standard. I was just happy that Bill was home to cook a great breakfast for them.


I believe that was everything for Kaitlyn's birthday week. 2 weeks later, we still have the decorations up since she didn't want to take them down, but I think it may be time!

No comments: