Sunday, December 14, 2008

Breakfast with Santa

We all had breakfast with Santa yesterday morning and had a great time. It did take a little longer than we thought, but at least we didn't have to wait in line the whole time. Kaitlyn was a little tentative to go up and sit on his lap (yes, no surprise there), but she did sit next to him and answered all of his questions. As for Lauren, just what everyone would expect, she ran right up and loved every second of it. Alexa was pretty shy, so she sat on my lap the whole time, but did touch his hand and no tears came out of her.

As for making a list and telling Santa what they wanted, we learned a few things from Kaitlyn. She said that she wanted a DS. Now surprisingly, her dad had no clue what this was, but I have seen other kids with them, so I knew that it is a Nintendo DS, a handheld game console, that I really hope Kaitlyn doesn't get her hopes up too high for. Kaitlyn also said she wanted an I-Pod, which I was a little surprised about. I guess I need to realize that she really is getting older, but also that we live by too many people with too much money to spend because so many of her friends have all of these wonderful new gadgets. Then there is always the I-Dog that goes with the I-Pod, which I didn't realize until I just looked it up.

As for Lauren, she just asks for everything that she sees on TV, whether it is boy or girl toys or toys that are for big kids or babies. So luckily, I think we have a few more years before she may wake up and be sad about not getting certain toys.

Then there is Alexa, who may not get too much this year, but she will be so happy to play with all of the boxes and wrapping paper.

No comments: